This is a detailed guide on how to watch DStv on Android phone for free.
DStv has grown over the years and has since been topmost in their delivery to the customers all over Africa.
The question of “how to watch DStv free?” became a question on the minds of a large number of DSTV subscribers because of the harsh economic state.
They have made it easier for their subscribers to enjoy DSTV channels and services anywhere and at any time with the presence of DSTV on Android phones.
If you wish to learn how to watch DStv on phone, this guide will help. In this guide, I will be showing you how to watch DStv on Android phone for free.
How To Watch DSTV On Android Phone For Free
There are various ways to watch DSTV on Android phone for free. Below are some of them.
1. Watch DSTV On Android Phone With USTV
One of the best ways to watch DStv on Android phone is by using the USTV Android app.
The USTV Android app enables you to watch television channels on your Android phone.
It has a daily update of channels on the app and makes it easier for you to search through its list of channels.
Below are the steps for using the USTV to watch DSTV on an android phone,
- Launch Google play store on your Android phone and type the USTV app on the search column.
- Click on the app and install
- Go to apps on your phone’s home page and launch the USTV app
- Select a channel from the list and you are good to go.
2. Watch DSTV On Android Phone With Livestream
You can also watch DStv on Android phone by Livestream it. This is how to go about it.
- Launch Google play store on your Android phone and type Livestream app on the search column.
- Click on the Livestream app and install
- Go to apps on your phone’s home page and launch the Livestream app
- Search through the list of channels and that’s all.
3. Watch DSTV On Android Phone With DStv Now App
This is an amazing option for streaming DSTV channels on your Android phone or any mobile device. Simply follow these steps below.
- Open Google play store on your Android phone and search for DSTV NOW app
- Click to download and install the DSTV NOW app on your Android phone.
- Launch the DSTV NOW app from your Android phone home screen.
- Register if you are a new user or Login on the DSTV CONNECT.
- Click on the I HAVE DSTV button if you are already a DSTV user
- Click the WATCH FREE button to enable you stream DSTV channels on your Android phone for free and to complete the registration process.
- After confirming the registration, a message would be sent to the email you provided during the registration process.
- Tap the Confirmation link and that activates your new DSTV CONNECT account.
Also See: 19 Best Free TV Series Download Sites
Note that you can stream all DSTV channels on your Android phone using this DSTV NOW app but would require a DSTV bouquet linked to this your new DSTV CONNECT account.
Benefits Of Using The DSTV NOW App
Below are 7 benefits of using DStv Now App.
- You can live stream television channels through mobile connection or WIFI
- You can use the catch up feature on a selection of popular shows or movies
- You are allowed to download a good number of videos from the Dstv catch up
- The parental control function can be applied when necessary for kids to enjoy their favorite television shows
- You can also gain access the 8-day TV guide
- You can set remote recording on your DSTV Explora
- You can check your DSTV subscription balance
In case you miss out on any show or program on DSTV, you can comfortably make use of the DSTV Now to catch up on them.
Timer can also be set for your preferred shows using the TV Guide to keep you alert on when your favorite show, sports, or movie is about to begin.
How To Download Movies Using The DStv Now App.
Knowing full well that the DSTV Now app enables you to download and watch movies on your Android phone while offline, you might want to learn how to do that.
Below is a simple process that will guide you to download movies using the DStv Now App.
Note that downloaded movies only stay for 2 days before permanently taken out from the DSTV Now App.
Besides this, the DStv Now App is still a great app for watching DStv on your Android phone. Here is how to go about it.
- Launch the DStv Now app on your Android phone
- Click the three lines at the top left corner of your Android phone screen
- Click on Catch Up
- Click on the icon on the top right bar
- Shows or movies would be displayed for you to easily stream or download
You should also bear in mind that downloads would automatically resume when halted due to poor network.
So you don’t have to worry about your download been canceled due to bad network.
Only 25 offline downloads are allowed for each device, meaning you can only make 25 offline downloads on your Android phone.
Downloading videos on the DSTV Now app only gives you one video quality format but you can adjust your video quality when just streaming.
How To Link your DStv Smartcard to Your DStv Now App
In order to fully enjoy your DStv subscription, you have to link your DStv smart card to your DStv Now app.
Below is a process that will guide you to easily link your DStv Smartcard to your DStv Now App.
1. Open the DSTV Now app on your Android phone
2. Enter your login details to access your profile
3. Click on LINK DSTV ACCOUNT
4. Enter the following details to connect:
- Your smart card number
- Your Surname as it was registered to your DSTV account
- Choose your country of registering your DSTV account
- Click on the LINK DSTV SMART CARD button
- Type in your smart card name
- Click on the LINK button
- Your smart card would be automatically linked to your DSTV Now app
4. Watch DStv On Your Android Phone With Mobdro App
The Mobdro app is another way to watch DStv on Android phone for free.
Though, Mobdro is not supported by the Android Operating system, so using this app requires you to install it from an unknown source to your android phone.
This means that you won’t find it on the Google Play Store on your Android phone.
Simply follow the following steps to enable you to watch DStv on your Android phone using the Mobdro app.
- Go to SETTINGS and enable installation from an unknown source by checking the box beside the “UNKNOWN SOURCE”
- Launch browser on your Android phone
- Type “Download Mobdro APK for Android phone” on the search engine and click on a download link.
- Install the Mobdro app
- Open the already installed Mobdro app and select any channel category
Mobdro app on your Android phone gives you great access to several DStv channels that are categorized in sections like, shows, news, sports, movies, music, animals, gaming, podcast, tech, spiritual, education, and so on.
This gives you a wide variety of your favorite DStv channels even though it won’t be exactly as your home television view.
Below is a list of channels on the Mobdro app and their categories.
1. News: NBS, FOX NEWS, CNN, SKY NEWS, BLOOMBERG
2. Shows: Family Guy, Adventure Time, Regular Show, American dad
3. Movies: HD movies, Movies 24/7. Hindi movies, War movies, Now playing.
4. Sports: BT Sports, ESPN, Sky Sports, Arsenal Tv, Liverpool Tv, Chelsea Tv, Mutv, English Premier League, Olympics, UEFA Olympics, UEFA Champions League, FA Cup, Basketball, Spanish La Liga.
5. Music.: MTV UK, MTV Base, The Vault, D17, VEVO
Requirements To Use The Mobdro App
Installing the Mobdro app on your Android device requires you to have an Android phone that runs on 2.5 and above, and a good internet connection that ensures the quality of the stream.
That’s all on how to watch DStv on Android phone for free. Also see the complete GOtv packages, channels, and prices.
I hope this guide helps?