Can I make WhatsApp video call on laptop PC? How do I make WhatsApp call from PC? How do I use WhatsApp on PC without my phone? If you have ever asked yourself any of these questions, then this article is for you.
In this article, I will show you the steps on how to activate WhatsApp video calling from PC. If you are excited about it, then lets dive right into it.
WhatsApp is among the best instant messaging app on mobile devices as it enjoys close to 2 billion active subscribers around the world.
WhatsApp mobile has all the features that you could possibly need on social media like sharing of pictures, emojis, voice notes, video and voice calls, etc.
It was originally designed to be a mobile app that runs only on mobile phones – iphone and android OS. However, with the introduction of WhatsApp web, users can easily mirror their mobile WhatsApp screens on their computer browsers seamlessly.
However, if you have ever logged into your WhatsApp account through your desktop computer, the first thing you would notice is the absence of video or call function.
Once new users notices this, and the limitation it places on their WhatsApp user experience, they quickly begin to wonder if it’s possible to make video calls on WhatsApp from desktop PC.
While WhatsApp for PC doesn’t have that in-built functions for voice and video calls, there is actually a trick that you can still use to make WhatsApp web calling for pc possible. This trick is what I will be showing you in this article.
How To Make WhatsApp Voice/Video Call From PC In Easy Steps
How do I make WhatsApp call on laptop? You can make WhatsApp voice and video call from your desktop computer only through the installation of bluestacks 4 emulator for PC.
Below is the steps on how to make WhatsApp voice/video call from PC 2020:
- Download the latest version of BlueStacks 4 on your Windows or Mac PC
- Install and run bluestacks 4 emulator on your PC
- From bluestacks homepage, click on Playstore
- From the Playstore, search and install WhatsApp on your PC
- Activate and run the WhatsApp App through bluestacks
- Make video calls on WhatsApp.
Below, I will show you the full details of the highlights above, so you can begin to make WhatsApp video calls from Windows or Mac right away.
- The first step in making WhatsApp video call from desktop is to first download the latest version of bluestacks emulator for windows here or Mac here. An emulator is a piece of software that mimics the environment of another operating system, enabling you to run apps that were not originally designed to run on that system.
- The installation process of bluestacks 4 is quite simple, simply follow the onscreen instructions, and then connect your Gmail account to it.
- On the homepage of bluestacks 4, locate Playstore, open it and search for WhatsApp.
- Click on install WhatsApp, and follow the onscreen instructions to install and activate it as you would do on a mobile phone.
- Once activated and launched, you would be able to see the call and video functions on your WhatsApp PC that was not there before on the web version, as shown below:
By using WhatsApp on your desktop PC through bluestacks 4, you can get the voice and video call functions just like you would on your android or iPhone.
How To Use WhatsApp Web On PC (Without Emulator)
If for any reason you don’t want to install bluestacks 4 emulator on your windows or Mac PC, there is still an option that will enable you use WhatsApp on your PC. However, you can still do every other thing, except the ability to receive or make voice or video call.
The feature that enables you use WhatsApp on Windows 10 PC or Mac without emulators is called WhatsApp web.
WhatsApp web functions by mirroring your phones WhatsApp screen to your laptop. Hence, for it to work, your phones WhatsApp has to be actively connected to the internet, including your PC.
If these limitations are not issues for you, then continue reading.
To use WhatsApp web on your Laptop:
- Open your WhatsApp App on your mobile device.
- Hit the 3 dotted lines in the top right corner of the screen
- Click on WhatsApp web – this will bring up a bar code scanner
- Open your browser on your computer, and on the search bar, type Web.whatsapp.com
- This will bring up a bar code, use your phone to scan this bar code, and your mobile WhatsApp will integrate with your pc, and you can easily chat with your laptop (while your phone is still on)
Note: for this to work, both your WhatsApp phone and PC has to be connected to the internet (Not necessarily on the same network)
Use the comment box below to leave your suggestion or comment, and we will address it shortly. Like and share this article with your friends and family, thanks.